Monday 18 November 2019

Book Review: #JustRomance


Book: #JustRomance
Author: Jyoti Arora
Genre: Romance | Short Stories
Format: Kindle eBook
Pages: 373
Price: 120 INR


Just Romance by Jyoti Arora is a collection of 7 contemporary love stories that will surely plant a smile on your face. All the stories have happy and heartwarming endings, although the setting and background of the characters are vastly different. The love stories begin with a romantic verse that works as music. The pretty cover of the book sets the tone for the book. 

The first story "Drunk on Love" is about the love story of a conservative girl, Anjali seeking freedom in a new city and a rebellious bartender, Rajat. I liked the tenderness of the story and the innocence of Anjali. 

The second story "Miles Apart" is about a long-distance relationship between Vaibhav and Nethra. Although I did not enjoy much this particular story due to the girl's nature, I liked the following quote:

"The path of love seldom is smooth. When it stretches across vast distances, the road becomes even more full of cracks and potholes."

The third story "O Teri" is one of my favorites from this collection. It tells the story of Preet, an owner of an ad agency who is compelled by her mother to meet Paramjeet for marriage. The ambitious Preet rejects Paramjeet although she is attracted to him. There is a thriller element in this story that kept me on my toes. I also liked the character sketch of Preet and Paramjeet that helped me empathize with both the characters. 

"And a heart, once it is touched by the power of love, becomes a mighty force -unconquerable, ungovernable, unrelenting."

The fourth story "Dance of Fantasy" is an interesting blend of fantasy, romance, and thriller. It tells the love story of a simple girl, Mahi and a filmstar, Prajwal. The way the celebrity crush develops into a romance is endearing. And the thriller angle makes the story a memorable one. 

The fifth and sixth story "Tarini" and "I guess I love you" are pretty pleasant, but they didn't leave an impression on my mind. 

The last story of the book "It's in the Books" is my favorite story of the collection. I really liked how the author had developed the characters and the plot within a short word limit. It tells the story of Akul who is indecisive and gets bored with everything. He falls in love with a timid and tormented girl, Vidya. They become an alchemist for each other and grows together in love. The glue of their relationship is books. It's a beautiful love story that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. 

Overall, #JustRomance is a breezy and lighthearted read. If you want to read something sweet and romantic, just pick this one. You won't be disappointed!

I am going with 3.7 out of 5

#JustRomance is like cotton candy in a fair that you would love to relish to your heart's delight!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts on the post!